Friday, May 4, 2012

What brand video card should I get for gaming and video editing?

I have a system with a NVIDIA 8500 GT, which has only 256M DDR2 memory. This does not cut it at all for even video editing or gaming. I am thinking AMD/ATI or NVIDIA, which are the main competitors anyway. But what kind of upgrade would be good? How can I compare available options now? I see products that have up to 2gb DDR5 memory which might be outside my price range but maybe a substantial improvement from my current video card could be found for less. I do have the PCI-E slot. Please help me evaluate options.

Bruce|||An NVIDIA GTX 465 is a pretty good new graphics card, and it's also farley cheap.....



The GTX 465 comes with 1GB GDDR 5 ram, it's DX 11,and is a pretty good card for gaming...|||I would suggest to buy Asus nVidia GeForce GTX465 1 GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI PCIE 2.0 Video Card

*Graphics Engine: GeForce GTX465 Bus Standard: PCI Express 2.0

*Video Memory: GDDR5 1GB

*Engine Clock: 607 MHz CUDA Core Clock: 1215MHz

*Memory Interface: 256bit D-Sub Max Resolution: 2048 x 1536 DVI Max Resolution: 2560 x 1600

*DVI Output: 2 x Native Dual-link DVI-I HDMI Output: 1 x Native HDMI (Mini HDMI) HDCP Support: Yes

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-GeForce-ENGTX…



Also check out at Ebay

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-…

No comments:

Post a Comment