Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Video cards Core, Memory and Shader Clock speed.?

Ok, so I am about to buy a new video card. I was told that I needed to pay attention to how fast the video card works. I need a video card that can run today's games on high, highest quality possible without issues. I was looking at GeForce GTX 460... (Anything I need to know about it)



I would like to know more about Video cards Core, Memory and Shader Clock speed.

What numbers do I have to look for?

GeFore GTX 460

Core Clock: 650 MHz

Memory Clock: 3400 MHz

Shader Clock: 1300 MHz

Is that good? or the Core clock speed is to low for today's game?

Any help?|||I agree with Mercuri, do not get caught up on numbers.



About GTX460, I say it is first fully successful Fermi made by nVidia. In this price range that card easily beats their competitor from ATI and that competitor is for example Radeon HD5830.

Also good thing about 460 is that it supports DirectX 11. This card should last for long.



Alternatives for GTX460 are: HD5770, GTX 260, GTX 465, Radeon HD6850, GTS 450.



If you want something more kick-a** go for GeForce GTX 560 1GB Ti. It is one of the newest represents of mid-end from nVidia. It's price beats HD6870, and it's performance beats HD6970.|||Don't get caught up on numbers. The specs of a video card really aren't going to tell you anything at all. If you want to compare video cards, look at benchmarks.



That being said, the 460GTX is a very good card.

No comments:

Post a Comment