Sunday, May 6, 2012

Easy question about video cards...??? 10pts.?

What is the term used to described the connecting (pin) component of a video card. i.e. the part that actually plugs into the motherboard PCI slot?



I have a Radeon 9700 Pro video card that needs replacing. But I don't know what "spec" to look at to ensure that the new video card I buy will mate properly to my motherboard. I see a tons of specs on webpages about the Radeon 9700 Pro, but which one tells me about the type of slot connection it has? Is it AGP?



If you know of a cheap and non-fancy video card (I don't do any gaming or graphics intensive things on my comp, so I just need something BASIC) that could replace my video card please mention that as well.



Thanks!













ANAGah.|||if the slot the card fits into is a brown/maroon colour then it is an AGP card - if not then its PCI-E.



A good cheap pci-e card is the ATi 3450 - really cheap but good enough certainly.



As for an AGP card - they'll probably be a bit more expensive since they are'nt really made any more - you might want to try an ATi X1650pro thats a pretty cheap card.|||the term for the ´´pin´´ is pci-express and i recommend this Card: http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=423597&view=detailed#ProductTabs the site is in danish but the name of the card is there just google it and find an english site|||I think you should get this card: Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller



Its probly cheap, cuz its not good at gaming graphics at all

No comments:

Post a Comment