Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How do you maximize your video card performance?

Recently the graphic performances of my video card seemed to dropped a little. There are lags (just minor lags) coming from games that i usually don't get lags from.



Btw, my video card is Nvdia 6600. Basically, the graphic performances on my computer isn't as good as when I first got my computer (abt 3 years).



Here's the question, how do you keep your video card in shape?



My computer is clean from spywares and viruses, and there isn't a lot of storage used up.



I updated the newest driver as well. Can anyone tell me why Nvidia hasn't been releasing new drivers nowadays?|||mmm ... try driver cleaner pro .... make sure ur fan and heatsink is squeaky clean and its getting enough cool air to the intake ... and other things like more programs running in the background .. or adware ... or even more hardware additions can tax the system more ... if ur sure u got things cool enough u could try rivatuner also and overclock it slightly ..|||I would suggest reformatting your computer, what's happening to your computer is something called a "Bit rot" , basically, it's like your windows is umm, getting rusty due to being installed and in use for a long time, so it's suggested you reformat and install a fresh copy of Windows in it.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_rot|||tweak your settings, and make sure your bios settings takes into account your geforce card. Lags can come from unexpected sources. one big problem with XP is the explorer.exe hangs or eats up cpu time. The only fix I know of is kill explorer, then bring up the task manager and run explorer.exe again to get the desktop back. The fresh explorer will not eat up cpu cycles at least until next time it gets stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment