Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What's are some affordable video cards that will allow my PC to run Skyrim?

Well, after looking over the answers to my previous question about whether or not my computer has the power to run Skyrim I was disappointed to learn that while my computer can technically run the game it doesn't have the video or processing power for it to be playable. As such I'm seeking expert advice on how I might be able to modify my computer with new parts so Skyrim will be playable. I don't need it to run on the highest graphical settings. As long as I can actually play the game I'll be satisfied, even if it's on crappy settings.



I don't have the money to blow on a state of the art gaming computer. But I should be able to at least gather up enough for a mid-range video card between $80-150 or so.



Distributor: eMachines

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250u

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Video Card: NVIDA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio



According to the person who answered my last question, while my video card is directX 9 compatible, combined with my less then stunning processor it doesn't have the power to run Skyrim. So my question is...what's the cheapest way I can remedy this? Can I just purchase a better video card and stick with my current processor? Or should I look into replacing my processor as well?



Any suggestions as to what sort of hardware I should look into purchasing would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.|||Well it'd have to be compatible with your motherboard.



emachines aren't meant to play games, they're meant to be cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment