Monday, May 7, 2012

Is this motherboard/video card/CPU good for gaming?

Im looking for an affordable mother board and video card(s) to run hardcore games on my machine. I built my machine my self, but i want to improve it with a decent mother board (SLI) and 2 video cards good for gaming. im thinking of buying the following motherboard and video cards, but i dont know if theyre good enough to run next gen games on them:



Mother Board:

MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA775 ATX Motherboard MS-7350-010, nForce 650i SLI Chipset, Supports Intel Core 2 Quad Duo CPUs, Dual DDR2

114$



Video cards (2 of them):



Two ZOGIS GeForce 8500 GT 512MB PCI-E ZO85GT-E

219$

(109$ each)



Im gonna fit this board with my pentium 4 proccessor with 3.2 ghz and HT. If anyone knows a better way to configure my gaming machine at an affordable price please let me know. (im mainly looking for info on my motherboard and video card, but if you wanna comment about my proccessor thats fine because im looking for a good AMD proccessor).



Any help would be appreciated.|||The board and processor are great but do NOT go with the 8500 GT's...You would think that since it has a GT at the end of it, that it should be a rocket. Let me tell you from experience this isnt one of those times. I owned one for about 45 minutes and took it back. I was trying to upgrade from a XFX6800 extreme(SLI) and thought that it I would notice a difference and I did, worse! I play Ut2004 quite a bit and get 80+ FPS (frames per sec) with the old 6800 extreme and got 20-30 with the exact card you are considering. It is not at all a gaming card (8500 or 8600 GT). If you are going to upgrade and are tight on cash, the 8600 GTS is the way to go. If money isnt an option, go with the 8800. I went with the 8600 gts and see some difference during game play. I hope this saves you from the time and headache that I went through...|||your processor sounds fine its just the video cards that are a little weak. try puttin in an Nvidia card if not 2 of them. that will make everything run smooth. the dual core will help as well. The GeForce cards sound just as powerful as the Nvidia but maybe a bit weaker. thats all i got.

No comments:

Post a Comment