Sunday, May 6, 2012

Computer Video Cards?

Hi!



I believe I need a new video card! With my new 19' LCD widescreen computer monitor, I cannot always get a 1440x900 resolution. It comes up after a while (then I must change it to that resolution; when I start up the computer, it is in a bad resolution that has to be changed. Even if I change it and apply the settings, it'll go back to this one the next reboot.



I also recieved recently a computer game called Crashday. There is an error message saying, "Unable to initiate DirectX 9 device, there's a problem with your system configuration." Someone told me a new and more updated video card would do the trick.



So I think I'm better off with getting a new video card unless you think otherwise. I currently have an Intel™ 82865G Graphics Controller. Any ideas on a great but cheap video card?



I have $175 in gift cards to Walmart, so if they have the right one for me there, please direct me in a link! Thanks for your help.|||Ok your integrated graphics chip has to go.



Next, with an LCD monitor you need a video card that can run games at it's native rez, which is 1440 x 900 now that's fairly high,

so forget about a weak card and Wal-Mart.



If you don't use the monitor's native rez, it will extrapolate the image and it will look bad.



Hence, I would suggest you get a middle class card.

For around 200$ , you can go for the 7600 GT (nvidia) or the X1650 Pro (Ati)





Don't touch the X1600, very bad chip in my opinion.|||Check out nvdia gforce cards|||This is a video card that I bought. here's your Wally World link



http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d…|||Yeah, you'll need a new video card. When last I was in the consumer electronics section in wal-mart before christmas, they had some pretty crappy graphics cards. (GeForce 4, which is beyond ancient.)



Just checked Walmart.com and the best they have is a Radeon X1600, and it's way overpriced.



Check out Tom's Hardware's VGA charts to find one, and get it from newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com if you can't find it at bestbuy or circuitcity.

No comments:

Post a Comment