Monday, May 7, 2012

Does 9.5" or 12.2" video card matter for gaming?

The last time I had any serious gaming was 10 years ago playing Counter Strike. I realise much has changed over the decade. I intend to build a new gaming PC - one that is SMALL in size but has same time FAST CPU and GOOD GPU. I came down with two cases (both by Silverstone):



SILVERSTONE GS05

GS05 which is only 27.6cm long, 450W PSU, takes miniITX mother board, Intel i7, and a 9.5" video card (something like Radeon HD 5850 fits nicely).

http://www.overclockers.com/gaming-tight…



SILVERSTONE GS07

Alternative is GS07 basically much the same as GS05 but deeper (35cm) to accommodate for full size 12.2" video card, 600W PSU. Here's a video on it. If you compare the case to the man's arm, it's still a very small case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXXMNucla…



I am really struggling between size and power. On one hand I fancy GS05 for it's tiny size and almost cubed shape. It even fits in my school bag. But I am just not sure about its 9.5" video card, whether it will be too slow or not.



Does it really matter 9.5" or 12.2" inch video card at the end of the day? What do you guys suggest? Thanks.|||its a stupid idea to get a gaming rig in mini/micro ATX, thats only suitable for office or HTPC. If you are a gamer then you are going to generate a lot of heat, may be you will need upgrades in future too, im sure you will overclock it when time will come before buying a new rig and that all you cant do that in that small box!|||I suggest your dumbass get a xbox or playstation|||are you talking about the length?

No comments:

Post a Comment