Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hi. What should I do - install 2 video cards, or install 1, AGP or PCI?

I'm upgrading my mainboard from a GeForce FX 5200 to Geforce FX 6200 so I can have dual monitor support. I can empty my AGP slot by removing the GeForce 5200 or I can use an empty PCI slot and keep my old GeForce FX 5200 in the AGP slot. What should I do?

I will do casual gaming and trading in stock market.

My mainboard doesn't support PCI-Express slots.



Is it better to have two video cards installed?

Is AGP much faster than PCI ?

What does Windows do when you have *two* video cards in one system?



Any help is appreciated, thank you and Happy New Year.|||okay you definitely want only 1 video card in your system, and only one set of drivers for that video card.



PCI makes video cards that are 4x speed

AGP is 8x

PCI-E is 16x



i would get a better AGP card instead of a new PCI card|||Sorry your computer does not support running 2 video cards at once, you will need a newer chipset to do that.



So use your new card in the AGP slot its faster than PCI

No comments:

Post a Comment