Monday, May 7, 2012

What video cards are compatible with my Dell laptop? Want a Geforce 7900 GS.?

I am looking for a new graphics/ video card for my Dell E1705. I have the basic package right now. Everytime i have tried to look for a card in a store like Best Buy they have told me i have to go straight to Dell to get any upgrades. Dell offered me the Radeon X1400 or the Geforce 7800. I think i can get the Geforce 7900 in stock but I don't know if it will work with my notebook because everyone tells me "you have to go through Dell". I'm getting the card for gaming and i think the 7900 looks the best especially because i can apparently get it for not too much money. I guess i just want to know that if i purchase the 7900 will i be able to use it and is it the best purchase for my computer? thanks|||What you want is SO EASY to do in a desktop but almost impossible to do in most laptops. Many laptop buyers with gaming in mind make the mistake of choosing a powerful dual core paired w/ lousy integrated graphics. It should be the other way around. If you want a gaming laptop, choose the GPU first then cpu second. This helps a lot in making the buying decision:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Grap…|||just call dell and ask what cards are compatile with the notebook. they have the specs in fornt of them and you can purchase the card anywhere you like|||The problem you don't quite seem to realize is that there are NO expansion slots inside for your laptop. By expansion slot, I mean an AGP, PCI or PCI-E slot. And even if there is, how is that card suppose to HIDE inside your machine? You actually see a space big enough for a video card in the machine? Or do you expect some interdimensional pocket hiding in your laptop that would somehow accommodate a regular store-bought video card?



Your only chance are card made for that model, and as you may guess, they are only available from Dell. And yes, you'll pay more than a store bought card for those... But those are useless for your machine. The ones from Dell will work.



Once you get it, read this article, which explains how to install it yourself.



http://www.legitreviews.com/article/349/

No comments:

Post a Comment