Friday, April 27, 2012

What is a great gaming video card i can get for my computer?

I just bought a Compaq on ebay, and need to know what kind of video card would be best for me.



I typically play games like black ops, modern warfare2, and world and war, and also tf2, l4d2, and so on.



The computer I bought has 3gb of ram, Athlon 64 x2 with 3.0ghz, and a 320gb harddrive. I need a video card that will work well with my computer, and run the games above pretty fast for a decent price of like 50-70 bucks. I want good framerate, with medium to high settings.



Thanks!!|||You are limited to the "8800 Ultra & 9800GX2" (both are NVIDIA)



my suggestion:

9800GX2|||Sounds like your computer is a bit old but hopefully it has a PCI-E slot. It should, but you really need to check.



Your computer and price range means that you can forget about "high" settings. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. However, you can get the newer games to be playable with smooth frame rates at lower to medium settings.



I'll link to an EVGA NVIDIA GT 430 with 1 gig of RAM that'll support Direct X 11 for $64. It'll play the newer games but if you want "high" settings you may want to start saving for another machine now. Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KKX…|||I use the Nnvidia 8800 GT for f2 and hl2 but the board is old. i got it for 80 bucks about a year or so ago. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment