Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is gaming possible with high end PCI Express video card in a laptop using an external monitor?

My laptop has an excellent processor and tons of RAM, but lacks a decent video card. Can I plug a high end card into my PCI Express slot and use an external monitor off that to play better games than I could with my on-board card? Thanks!|||The pci express slot is NOT to be confused with a PCI-express slot (they are completely different). Only a DESKTOP has pci-express slots. The laptop express slot is a add-on box with pci slots NOT pci-e slots. So the best you can get is a radeon x1300 type card. very low-end video card.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.h…

For gaming, you have to buy another computer, you cannot improve a laptop, only desktops can be upgraded like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment