Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I determine which Video Card is best for my son's computer system?

It's a Dell Dimension 2400 - Celeron, 2.4 ghz, 512mb RAM, 40 gig hard-drive. Son is 13 and developing an interest in gaming. We've bought a few titles that won't run on the current PC. I'm interesting in purchasing a video card/graphics package that will allow him to play these games, but won't cost an arm and a leg.|||Sadly I must say you have VERY limited options...

That being a entry level PC with only PCI slots available, one of the best cards you can get is a FX5200.

In my opinion, a waste of money. He cant run any high end games with this card.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||I'm sorry, you have a Dell. Those can't upgrade. They use BTX motherbords that don't support graphics cards. So that means you're stuck with the onboard graphics :(



Video cards (the good ones) cost from 200-500 dollars. I bought a $60 (bad idea) and I barely get 10 FPS in CoD2 and I get a 786 in 3DMark05.



Also, Celerons can't do anything other than use the internet. I recommend you get a new PC. I also recommend building it rather than buying it because if you buy from any PC manufacturer you wont be able to upgrade it.|||The specs of the 2400 is 3 pci slots, no agp or PCI-E. About the best you can do is a X1300 PCI version. Not exactly a "gaming" card. For more of a gaming system, you need to get another computer.

Goto www.tomshardware.com to find benchmarks on video cards.|||First of all the configuration these days needed by the games is quite high . A system with 1 gb ram ,2.4 Hz processor ,80GB hdd,and an NVIDI graphic card is quite a good configuration . For any game to be played and for higher processing and distortion free gaming is every body need .If ur son plays games like flight simulator ,Sims , roller coaster,or any other game. then this sort of configuration is must.

Well at last i will say that all depends on the need of the user.|||Go to your local computer store, they should be able to give you the advice you need if you tell them the computer spec. and the spec of the games you want to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment