Friday, April 27, 2012

Is there something "physically" wrong with my hardware specifically my sound and/or video cards?

My computer is about 5 or 6 years old with the original parts except for the hard drive and dvd-rom and I've only recently begun to have problems for I'd say 2 weeks now. Whichever game I try to play on my pc, it freezes up. What happens for example in World of Warcraft: the image freezes in place, the sound begins to skip, and then there's this beeeeeeep that comes out of my speakers and stays there until I reboot my computer. I'm unable to do anything but reboot at that point and it happens with whichever game I play. I've updated my sound and video drivers, I've uninstalled the games and reinstalled them...I was wondering if there's the possibility that my sound and/or video cards are dying on me which is what one tech support person said it may be...however I don't wish to purchase something without a few other opinions. Computer wizards out there please help!|||If the computer is 5 years old, it's possible that the WoW expansions are causing the problems, you may not have the minimum requirements to run them correctly. I ran into the same problem playing Everquest on an older computer. I had the minimum requirements for the older expansions but not the newer ones

No comments:

Post a Comment