Sunday, May 6, 2012

Computer video cards and memory?

I've got WOW, The entire sims2 set and im going to the the sims3.

what is the best video card you would recomend and how much memory do I need to support all of these games?|||I use the following card...



http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/…



and run with 3gb of memory on my PC and WOW runs GREAT!!|||Hi there.



You would be looking at at least 2GB Ram to run a game smoothly. and at least a 1GB Graphics card. (first you'll need to find out what motherboard you have and what types of Graphics Cards etc. you can install. (i.e you cannot install a PCI Expres Graphics card into an AGP4 board or a AM2+ CPU into a Socket 756 Board))



I am currently running 2 x 1GB NVIDIA 9500GT Super + 1GB's (2GB Total) and 4 x 2GB Corsair (forgot model name) with an AMD Phenom Quad Core 64bit CPU.



I can run most games on full settings and I'd recommend this setup to anybody looking to upgrade their PC's.|||2GB of memory (RAM) is fine. If you're referring to "memory" as "hard drive space", then about 15GB of free space would be best at the very least.



As for video cards, take a look at the ATI Radeon HD4670. They run for about $75 USD, but well worth the money. It should be able to play WoW and The Sims 2, and 3, with ease.



Have fun and good luck!|||I'm not sure, but I don't think The Sims is a very graphics intensive game. You shouldn't need too hardcore of a videocard; try this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

That card has 512 MB of VRAM. If, by memory, you mean RAM 4 GB will suffice. If you mean storage, it should say on the games.|||Sims series is not demanding but a 9600 or a 4850or even a 4830 is good. You don't want something that demanding. If you have an older pc like an AGP than I would get an Nvidia 7XXX range. I heard they play crysis and REALLY demanding game on high. Good luck and find out which port you have and agp, or a PCI express X16|||um get a nvidia 9600gt... its a pci express card... check your computer if it has pci e slot but most of the computer has those

No comments:

Post a Comment