Sunday, May 6, 2012

Are there any good video cards for an Acer Aspire X1200 without having to change the power supply?

I have an Acer Aspire X1200, and the on-board graphics is enough to run the games I play at decent settings, but I was wondering if there are any better video cards suited for my setup. The case is small so that's why I'm unsure as to what my options are. Any help is appreciated.



Thank you.|||Well, the onboard graphics chipset on the X1200 is GeForce 8200, but the factory power supply is puny... only 220 watts. That's not enough to run any good video cards.



If you had a 300W power supply then you could install a low-profile GeForce 9500GT or Radeon 4650, which would be nice. A Radeon 4670 or GeForce 9600GT would be really sweet, but you'd need at least a 350W for those.



Without upgrading the power supply, your best bet is a low-profile Radeon 4550- only uses 19 watts maximum and provides a significant boost above integrated video. It's faster and uses less power than low-end Nvidia cards like the 8400GS and 9400GT.

No comments:

Post a Comment