Sunday, May 6, 2012

Should I upgrade my processor and/or video card for some gaming?

I have an HP a6700y desktop with an AMD Phenom X4 9150e Quad-core processor and 4 gb of ram. I have put in a video card about a year ago, it is an ATI Radeon HD with 512 mb video ram. I was thinking about upgrading some things to play some games a little more smoothly. I was reading up on the system requirements for Star Wars The Force Unleashed and it lists, "Dual-core CPU with 2.4 GHz (Intel core 2 Duo or Athlon X2)." My AMD quad core processor is only rated at 1.8 GHz. I would also like to make GTA IV run a little smoother and with a higher resolution. It works ok now, but most of the video options are set very low and the textures look like crap with the lowest settings.



So I was wondering if I would need to upgrade my processor or not. I was also thinking about upgrading the 300w power supply for a better one so I can get a better video card as well, probably one with 1gb of video ram.|||Its a quad-core, upgrade your video card and get more ram.

No comments:

Post a Comment