Friday, May 4, 2012

Is this a good gaming computer system?? Which video card should I get if not?

Recently I've been looking to buy a new system. I've got an older HP desktop PC with an extra stick of RAM and a 3 year old ATI Radeon video card. Needless to say, with the computer's stock 2.2gHZ processor... I can't play many modern games. I'd really like to be able to play COD MW2 & Left For Dead 2. My brother and a friend have the same brand of computers + a decent nvidia geforce card in there. Plug & play.



I got the following product info from www . newegg . com



$600 w/ shipping

Brand : ZT Affinity

Model: 7358Ma

CPU: Phenom II X4 945(3.0GHz)

RAM: 4GB DDR2 500GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350

O.S.: Windows 7 Home Premium



I'm pretty sure I need a new video card but don't know which decent one will fit. My budget is maxed out at $200 or so. Any ideas? If this won't work at all, what will for a budget around $800 - $900??|||the comoputer ur showign works fine. all that matters for the video card now is the psu and the case. the computer case needs to be mid atx(micro atx will be a bit cramped) and a power supply of at least 600w. i recommend the ati radeon hd 4870 or the 5770. basically same performance but 5770 has more features. more teraflops. newer and dx 11.if that matters to u then get the 5770 if u wanna save $15 then get the 4870.|||The video card is fine, and the system (especially the quad core 3.0GHz AMD processor there) is awesome. The RAM is enough to play games. The HDD isn't large enough to slow your system, while allowing you to download plenty of things.



If you want to change the video card, here is a good one: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDet…|||Alienware :D|||I'm assuming you're looking at pre-built system because you wouldn't be comfortable building a computer yourself.



The ZT Affinity 7358Ma uses some decent parts --it's not bad. However, the Radeon 4350 is too slow --it's not really a gaming card --and you would have to upgrade the stock 300W power supply in order to install a proper video card. Also, the DDR2 version motherboard is a little old.



Those facts don't mean it's a terrible computer. It's just overpriced for what you get. I would like the computer a lot more if it was $100 less. (Then you could spend $200 adding a power supply and video card, and not bat an eye.)



I generally would not recommend Gateway to anyone. But this makes the second Gateway system I've come across recently that I can't really find fault with, in terms of the component selection, or the value for money.



http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/…



I'm looking at the parts list again. It's a Core i5-750, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM, 1TB hard drive, and a Radeon 5750 video card. It's pretty solid.



The motherboard is probably from one of the cheaper OEM brands (like ECS), but it uses the brand-new Intel H57 chipset. And even the OEM version FSP power supply isn't bad. It's 80plus rated, with 30A combined on the +12V rails. FSP power supplies are usually pretty reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment