Friday, May 4, 2012

How do you upgrade your video card driver?

I'm having problems with my sims2 and I've heard more than once that it maybe a problems with my video card (the game does move really slow). I read in the pamplet that comes with the game that you can upgrade your video card driver from the manufacturer's website but I went there and nothing. Should I just buy another and which one is the best one for this game. I bought a whole new computer for the game itself like a year ago just to have a better video card.|||Do a search for {name of video card} driver.



Go to one of the sites and download the driver.



Install it by clicking its name.|||Find out what video card you have, go to the manufacturer site (I would guess ati or nvidia), and download the new drivers. But the problem could also be that your video card is bad, your processor is bad, or you dont have enough ram.|||Sometimes it's not just the driver. Your video card may still not be enough to run Sims 2 at high resolution and high quality settings. You could try reducing resolution one step down and also lower the game quality settings. You could also provide details of your graphics card so that people here can comment on its performance and capabilities.



My kids are happy playing it on one of my budget rigs w/ 1Gb RAM and Nvidia 7300GT ddr3 graphics card so I did not bother to go for a 7900GS and 1Gb additional RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment